Textile Technician – Manufacturing
Location: Launceston, Cornwall
Salary: competitive depending on skills and experience.
Purpose of the role:
As a textile technician, reporting to the General Manager you will be undertaking hands-on duties, advising the business and the wider production team on production processes and future efficiency of machines, training and supervising textile operatives on the safe and effective use of equipment within a production environment.
- Preparing and producing fibres.
- Spinning and winding yarn onto bobbins.
- Worsted and Woollen processing of various fibres.
- Finishing processes ready for despatch to the customer.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Setting up and operating yarn processing machines.
- Advising the business and the wider production team on the production processes and the future efficiency of machines.
- Training and supervising textile operatives on using machinery.
- Day-to-day maintenance, such as cleaning, oiling, greasing and checking performance levels.
- Troubleshooting equipment to identify and deal with potential issues before they arise.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems, isolating faulty equipment parts and reporting to the inhouse M & E Engineer.
- Ordering replacement parts, or making new parts, as necessary.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records for work completed, mainly computer based.
- Working closing with operatives and specialist engineers within the business to ensure smooth and efficient operations within production to high quality standards and customer satisfaction.
You will need:
- A hands-on approach and manual ability.
- To be able to plan and adopt a flexible approach to work.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- To demonstrate a responsible attitude to health and safety.
- Ability to work accurately, at times under pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work safety and effectively without direct supervision.
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Basic numeracy skills to take accurate measurements.
- Computer literacy and confidence to undertake diagnostic and report documentation.
Ideally you will have worked directly within the textile production industry and have knowledge and understanding of textile products.
Hours of work are expected to be 1400 to 2200 Monday to Friday initially, with flexibility required depending on the operational needs of the business. Prospect of rolling shifts in due course.
This is an ideal opportunity with long term prospects for you if you are aspirational regarding development, as there is potential to move into management, supervising other technicians or specialising in areas such as quality control, technical training or R & D.
Part time, contract or self employed may be considered although our client is ideally looking for a permanent full-time member to join the team.
Anew SouthWest is acting as an employment agency for this position.
#textiles #textilestechnician #Cornwall #manufacturing #engineering #electrical #mechanical #production #diagnostics