|Senior Project Manager
Based in Northern Devon
Competitive Salary and company benefits discussed on application
Flexi Time Based on a 37.5 Hour working week
New Year, New Job in 2020? A new Challenge?
Looking to relocate to the beautiful Northern Devon area?
A keen surfer?
Seeking that life work balance which allows you to spend time enjoying the outdoor life in Northern Devon?
As the senior Project Manager, you will be working within the Integrated Electronic Systems Division, delivering complex design and development projects and programmes. The successful candidate will maintain excellent customer relationships and consistently deliver promised business results.
You will be responsible for delivering projects to time, cost and quality
· Customer, subcontractor and internal point of contact for your projects;
· Provide effective leadership of project staff reporting to you including work package managers and their delivery teams
· Provide occasional bid support to business development activities
· Engender excellent team spirit, focused on achievement of common goals
You will be expected to lead in a multi-disciplined engineering and production environment to meet customer expectations whilst satisfying internal business requirements.
|The jobholder will be expected to:
· Achieve budgeted performance of his/her projects, monitor progress against targets (outcomes, budget, quality and timescales), providing detailed forecast updates, initiate actions to maintain or exceed budgeted revenue, gross margin and cash performance and effectively manage all associated Risks and Opportunities
· Manage stakeholders effectively, maintaining and developing cooperative and constructive relationships with customers, suppliers and internal staff
· Deliver and plan projects effectively and professionally in accordance with industry best practice and company Management System
· Support business development activities by contributing to, and leading, the development and preparation of winning proposals
· Supporting continual improvement within projects and work packages, gathering lessons and reducing waste. Ensuring personal continued professional and competence development.
Ideally you will have extensive experience of working in a project management role in a complex engineering environment. Formal project management qualifications and professional institution membership would also be appropriate.
- Experience of operating within a defence engineering business.
- Clear and confident communicator
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Able to handle customers effectively, build relationships and act as a suitable external representative of the business.
- Collaborative approach and strong team working skills
- Ability to lead and form teams
- Ability to make decisions and communicate priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of project management techniques including:
- Project Definition / Planning
- Project Execution (Monitoring and control)
- Administration, reporting and metrics
- Stakeholder and Team management
- Risk and Opportunity management
- Experience of managing Design and Development projects, using systems engineering principles, requirements management and lifecycles.
- Experience working with customers and partners such as the MoD, defence primes or similar.
- Knowledge of a project management framework such as APM or PRINCE2
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems.
- Knowledge of production planning and processes
Qualifications & Essential requirements:
Degree Qualified in Engineering or a technical discipline (Desirable)
- Have a valid current Passport or be eligible for one. (Essential)
- Be eligible for a UK Security clearance at least to SC level. (Essential)
- Be able to drive and have a current driving licence. (Essential)
- Be prepared to work in the Northern Devon area, relocating from present area if necessary. (Essential)
Anew South West is acting as an employment agency regarding the senior Project Managers vacancy
#surfing #surfer #electronics #mechanical #projectmanagement #Proengineer #engineering
#Prince2 #MoD #defence #planning #technical #northdevon #Devon
To apply please upload your CV or leave contact details so that we are able to make contact – Thank you