An excellent opportunity for a Product Engineer to support a growing business.
Based in Cornwall
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Product Engineer to join a progressive organisation to work in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK in Cornwall.
Perhaps you are an Manufacturing Engineer with NPI experience looking for a new challenging role?
A great opportunity if you wish to relocate for beautiful beaches and countryside.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include:
- 25 days annual leave
- 8 Bank holidays (subject to T&Cs)
- Free on-site parking
- On-site subsidised canteen
- Wellbeing events
- Employee assistance program
- 3 x Basic salary life assurance
- Long service award
- Pension scheme
Other benefits will be highlighted at application stage.
To maximise the medium and long-term profitability of the company through the efficient and effective resolution of all Product Engineering activity. To transfer new or modified products from R&D into manufacturing, Transfer product lines from Site-to-Site, Material Changes, Product Changes, Product related Improvement Projects. This role represents the design authority for product sold in the Medical division.
Role and Duties:
To work with the company sites to:
Maintain production by supporting new products, processes, transfers and existing production.
To act as technical lead in resolving quality and supplier issues.
To ensure efficient budget management in terms of:
Achieve cost savings by implementing cost down projects such as supporting Part Price Variance (PPV) and Lead Value Add Value Engineering (VAVE) projects.
To provide project management activity in relation to:
Preparation of documentation by writing and redacting Scope of work, Business case, Request for Quotation, Validation protocol and final reports.
Direct, communicate and manage projects including but not limited to design, engineering and analysis of product, problem, processes, test and test set-ups.
Research, investigate, test and develop product, transfer technology including manufacturing and testing equipment and provide hands on troubleshooting.
Integrate and align efforts from different sources by directing, supervising and/or otherwise managing project team members and/or contractors as required for successful project completion.
To be a team member on New Product Introduction/Development (NPI/NPD) and other site projects where applicable.
To work with R&D to:
Ensure optimum and cost effective mould tool solutions for new products
on ‘design-for-manufacture’ of new products.
Support R&D on long-term technology and product direction by understanding product application and resolving problem with customers.
Ensure compliance with QMS, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
Essential Previous Experience:
- Experience in medium/high volume Medical, Pharmaceutical, Automotive or Food Industry.
- Significant engineering technical expertise used in creating, documenting, developing, and managing projects.
- Degree in Engineering or Equivalent level.
- Greenbelt / 6 sigma certification.
- Project management in a medium to high volume manufacturing environment.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with Operations and Suppliers to plan PE projects without impacting Customers.
- Computer literate (Microsoft, Lotus Notes, Project Management, SAP, Minitab, NWA).
- Experience with Computer based drawing and design programs, preferred 3D training in Solid works or Pro E.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Ability to prioritise, manage and complete projects with limited direction, ontime/infull.
- Competent in managing multiple projects concurrently to Time/Cost/Quality commitments.
- Good understanding and Experience with the technical change control validation techniques for FDA Regulated manufacturing.
- Good knowledge in Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Good Knowledge in the use of six sigma and statistical tools like process capability, SPC, DOE and the Ability to use Structured problem-solving techniques to drive to root cause and sustain improvements.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Driven candidate who acts with a sense of urgency to achieve business goals.
anew South West are acting as an employment agency reference the Product engineer vacancy.
#Productengineer #manufacturing #Lean #NPI #Cornwall #design #engineering #automotive #Project
To apply please upload your CV Thank you