Principle Systems Engineer
As part of the companies on going growth strategy a Principle Systems Engineer is required to join the expanding engineering team. The job holder will combine knowledge and experience in several engineering disciplines to help shape the future products and projects. Activities will include all aspects of the Systems Engineering life-cycle from Systems Concept through to Qualification and Post Delivery Support
The role will see the job holder joining a successful engineering company, who have ambitious plans to develop new technologically challenging markets across the world.
Your primary location will be based in North Devon. The job holder will be required to work in other company locations from customer and supplier sites.
Based in North Devon
Competitive Salary and company benefits discussed on application
Flexi Time Based on a 37.5 Hour working week
New Year, New Job in 2020? A new Challenge?
Seeking that life work balance which allows you to spend time enjoying the outdoor life in Northern Devon?
Principle Systems Engineer responsibilities;
- Manage the capture, analysis, trace-ability, configuration and V&V of product requirements.
- Support business development and bidding activities through technical work package definition and related resource effort estimation.
- Coordinate and lead the delivery of engineering work packages.
- Define system architectures that will drive system design.
- Work with engineers from all disciplines to develop design specifications and supporting documentation using a traceable system engineering methodology.
- Carry out functional and non-functional system analyses.
- Lead system integration verification and validation activities and manage issue resolution.
- Coordinate directly with internal and external customers.
- Prepare documentation and presentation material to effectively communicate technical subject matter to audiences at working and senior management level.
- Plan and track progress of engineering assignments within agreed schedules, to quality standards and budget in accordance with project and company processes.
- Assist in the evaluation of new technology and methods.
- Provide technical expertise and support to the Business Development function including the generation of technical proposals and bids.
Key skills of a Principle Systems Engineer
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the challenges associated with systems engineering in a delivery focused organisation.
- Ability to follow a methodical/systematic approach to analyse and solve problems, identifying key facts and breaking down complex information to components parts.
- Full life-cycle experience from requirements decomposition to acceptance and user sign off on multi-disciplinary programmes.
- Experience of requirements capture, analysis, V&V and configuration management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Able to produce clear and concise technical documentation.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and execute technical assignments.
- Willing and able to adapt quickly to new methods and new assignment objectives
- Engineering degree at bachelor’s level or equivalent.
- Currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC security clearance.
- Able and willing to travel occasionally within the UK and Overseas as required
- Experience of engineering Naval Systems. (Combat Systems)
- Experience in the use of modelling languages such as SysML and UML.
- Experience of using Enterprise Architect.
- Familiarity with architecture frameworks such as MODAF & TOGAF.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Familiarity with ISO-15288:2015.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges associated with systems engineering in a delivery focused organisation
- Full Life-cycle experience – Sign off multi-disciplinary programmes
- Ability to follow methodical /systematic approach to analyse and solve problems, identifying key facts and breaking down complex information to components parts
Anew South West is acting as an employment agency reference the Principle Systems Engineers vacancy
#engineering #systems #MoD #Defence #Bidandproposals #Navalsystems #Northerndevon #newjob #engineeringlifecycles #physics #software #CEng #complexengineeringsystems
To apply please upload your CV and leave a contact number so that we are able to contact you- Thank you