Mechanical Engineer Day shift
Based in North Devon
Days – 40 hours per week
Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Salary discussed at application stage
The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for supporting the department, providing mechanical diagnostic and repair skills to ensure the efficient operation of the process.
Completing fault finding and maintenance repair works, an integral will be played in terms of supporting the department, providing technical support to ensure the efficient operation of the process.
To help reduce the downtime of plant to a minimum. To increase the output of all plant by means of improvement and or modification wherever possible.
- Heavy involvement in planned preventative and predicative maintenance tasks.
- Ensure maintenance work is executed in a safe and timely manner in line with company’s expectations.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a consistently high level of performance.
- Ability to Investigate, understand and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Provide out of hours support where required.
- Ensuring all engineering activities within area of responsibility are completed in full compliance with all statutory regulations and site HS&E standards, policies, and procedures.
- Time served Mechanical Engineer.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems is desirable.
- A ‘Hands-on’ individual, with a positive ‘can-do’ approach to your work ensuring Engineering standards are achieved and maintained.
- Basic IT Skills are required.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Efficiency whilst maintaining accuracy when against tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to meet required deadlines and performance standards.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards work and is able to respond to business priorities appropriately.
- Effective communication skills that allows the individual to communicate internally and externally, at all levels.
- Able to pass on knowledge to other team members and apprentices.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain and improve levels of housekeeping.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to problem solve in highly production-based environment.
- Hold a UK driving licence.
Anew South West is acting as an employment agency regarding the role of Mechanical Engineer Day shift
#maintenance #Engineering #Heavyengineering #healthandsafety #Mechanicalengineering #Mechanical #Engineering #Pneumatic #Hydraulic #NVQ #faultfinding #Timeservedapprentice
To apply please upload your current CV – Thank you