Mechanical Electrical Service Engineer UK Resident
Home based with requirement to attend the company site on occasion
South West based company
- Competitive Salary plus On Call Supplement
- Service Vehicle
- 25 days holiday plus Statutory Bank Holidays
- Death in Service & Medical Benefits
- Pension Scheme
This well-established company are seeking two UK Resident Senior Service Engineers to provide an efficient and effective service to their Customer Support division. The post is predominantly UK based but overseas working may be required. The post will be home based although you will be expected to attend the company site on occasion. Start date will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening.
To carry out all aspects of service and maintenance activities to ensure the highest quality of support for the customer at all times. The role is multi-disciplined and includes mechanical, electrical and electronic skills. The work is usually carried out at the customer’s site so the engineer must be able to work using their own initiative and with minimal supervision. As a senior engineer you must also demonstrate leadership, a willingness to accept responsibility and the ability to supervise, control and develop other engineers.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Qualified to HNC/HND level in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering.
- Gas Turbine removal, strip and installation.
- Gas Turbine in depth fault diagnosis and repair, including Digital control systems and main reduction gearbox.
- Basic fault diagnosis and knowledge on equipment not supplied by the company but associated with the CHP installation.
- Vibration survey on engine, gearbox and generator, the analysis of the results, and the recommendation of any corrective action as necessary
- Supervision and control of sub-contractors, to ensure that the work is completed to the necessary quality standard and timescale.
- Principles of operation for Gas Turbines Engines and advantages of CHP installations.
- Knowledge and experience of High Voltage Generator control, protection and Synchronising
- Methods and systems of emissions control.
- Awareness of the health & safety of yourself and of others including identifying hazards, carrying out risk assessments and preparing method statements.
- Full driving licence valid in the UK.
Anew South West is acting as an employment agency regarding the permanent vacancy of Senior Service Engineer
#Gasturbine #Serviceengineer #engineering #manufacturing #repair #installation #Electrical #Electronics #Mechanical
To apply please upload your cv – Thank you