Finance Manager/Head of Finance required for a Manufacturing Company within Heavy Industry
Based in Somerset
This is an excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager who has had previously working experience within Manufacturing.
Salary 50K to 55K DOE
Working hours Monday to Friday 40 hours
Holiday 33 Days including Bank Holidays
Contributory Company Pension 8%
Reporting to Managing Director
Two direct reports
Scope of the role:
To support and Challenge the executive the company are seeking to appoint an operational , commercial and practical Finance Specialist to focus on cash and working capital management, gain a deeper understanding of margins and to assist in optimising the commercial and financial management of the business .
Who are we looking for?
It is of paramount importance that the successful candidate will have the breath to make a positive contribution to the management and development of the business and will work closely with the business shareholders and Managing Director.
You will have a positive driven attitude and a proven track record of achieving good levels of budget financial performance and delivering good results against targets.
Passionate regarding making a difference and contributing to the business and its future.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Exposure to Exporting within manufacturing
Key Objectives and responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Develop and monitor forecasts for all aspects of the business
- Responsible for cash forecasting
- To develop mentor and train all staff within the finance team
- Develop Financial reporting
- Facilitate the interpretation thereof
- Provide unambiguous advice to executive colleagues in a clear and concise manner
- “Add value” to the business
- Develop strong working relationships with his/ her executive colleagues
- Responsibility for the day to day running for the finance function and maintenance of the financial control
- Overall cash management for the business, including administration of the company’s sales invoices finance facilities
- Responsibility for forecasting, budgeting, financial and management accounts, and other management information
- Development and review of the financial reporting systems
Budgets including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts. Annual capital budgets
Annual statutory accounts, including liaison with auditors and stock taking (Annual and other)
Monthly management accounts and supporting information
The regular monitoring of cash flow, and overall cash management for the business
Monitoring and control if capital expenditure and relevant budgets
Statutory, legal and government returns including PAYE, VAT and Corporate Tax returns
Develop and maintain a costing system along with appropriate variance analysis
Other management information:
Sales statistics and cost of sales summaries, including daily monitoring, working capital summaries and other balance sheet reporting
Monthly analysis of key expense areas reporting on budget variances
Weekly cash movement reports and forecasting
Educational and Qualifications:
Fully qualifies accountant ACCA or CIMA, working towards or a chartered accountant status
Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Anew South West is acting as an employment agency relating to the Finance Manager/ Head of Finance vacancy.
#Accounts #Finance #ACCA #CIMA #Manufacturing #Heavyindustry #Somerset #Accountant #SouthWest