Engineering Sales & Marketing Manager required for an expanding company based in West Sussex
Home based role
Ideally as the candidate you would be based within reasonable commutable distance of the company, but the role is home based.
Salary discussed on application
Company pension 5% contributory
BUPA Health cover for employee
Life Assurance Protection
Salary Protection Cover for illness
Holidays 25 days annual basis + Bank holidays
An exciting new position for a sales manager in a company that is expanding year on year. The position requires high levels of process knowledge in Vacuum Brazing & Heat Treatments, welding, Plasma Spraying, and Re-protective painting
High levels of autonomy will be given, and it is envisaged that there will be high levels of market research to locate new customers, and to grow the current customers business.
Scope of the role
The candidates will be required to demonstrate a good understanding of sales within an aerospace & Land Based Gas Turbine industry sector, having previous working knowledge within engineering or component repair sales arena.
A formal engineering qualification will be required, or equivalent time served within the component repair industry as a sales manager.
For the candidate to be successful they will need to use their engineering sales techniques to identify new customer and process product opportunities for the company. This will be achieved by their questioning and understanding of the client’s requirements.
A high level of commercial & Technical process ability will be required as new business potentials very often have to be created by client visits.
Presentation skills with clear objectives to gain business
A balance of client calls, visits, attending trade Exhibitions and contacting business connections will be required to achieve sales targets.
Proven track record within sales using a key turn process will be required to secure the contracts & orders to product delivery.
Excellent customer service skills required with clear communication
The sales manager will manage their area as they feel fit to gain new business and maintain client relationships
Report back to the Managing Director at the end of each week to create a pipeline of potential new product lines and tracking client requirements
Liaise with manufacturing site regarding products and lead time on client requirements
Summary of day to day tasks
- Making technical product presentations and demonstrate how the product will meet the customer requirements – Including bespoke product lines
- Visiting clients /Prospects to discuss technical applications within the defined target markets
- Providing pre -sales technical assistance and product information
- Solving client problems
- Establishing new and managing existing relationships with customers
- Convincing clients that a product best fits their requirements
- Technical report writing and quote preparation
- Recording and maintaining client records information on company CRM system
- Management of CRM system
- After sales support & to provide customer feedback
- Researching new industries and client base
- Preparing quarterly sales reports
- Preparing sales action plans as required
- Ensuring sales targets are met
- Strong skills in creating & winning new business
- KPI and results driven
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Ability to sell at Director level
- Full understanding of the technical processes
Formal Engineering qualification with working history within engineering Sales Managers post
anew South West Is acting as an employment agency reference the above permanent Sales Managers vacancy
#engineering #components #Sussex #sales # VacuumBrazing #Heattreatment #manager #mechanical
To apply please upload your CV – Thank you