Electrical PLC Engineer
North Devon location
Competitive Salary discussed at application stage – Annual profit share bonus
Looking for a new opportunity in the New Year?
Relocating to North Devon?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager
Working pattern 8am – 5pm Mon-Fri, every 7th week duty Manager cover required
Main Purpose of Position:
Development of PLC control systems in line with Engineering Project plans. Design, preparation, planning and scheduling through to installation, commissioning and optimisation of control systems. To include revenue and capital projects, plant enhancement and process optimisation. Provide Engineering technical support and fault-finding skills to ensure the efficient operation of the process.
- Technical maintenance support in relation to site wide PLC and electrical control panel systems.
- Development of improvement projects.
- Heavy involvement in planned preventative and predicative maintenance techniques.
- Ensure work is scheduled and executed in a safe and timely manner in line with the company’s expectations.
- Provision of leadership, development, and coaching to team members within the Engineering department.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a consistently high level of performance.
- Ability to Investigate, understand and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Provide out of hours support where required.
General H&S Responsibilities:
- Visible commitment to the Company’s Safety Star and Expectations Programme.
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements: as per training, policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, safe systems of work etc.
- Ensure that PPE issued, is kept and maintained in good condition
- Actively seek to improve safety culture.
- Report any H&S issues/accidents/near misses to your line manager immediately.
Other General Responsibilities:
- Follow Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work detailed to the task
- Attend training as required to maintain personal qualification/competence.
- Any other duties as required by line management.
- Time served Electrician with supervisory experience preferred.
- You will be educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Engineering. A relevant further high-level qualification is also desirable.
- Experience with PLCs drives and instrumentation systems.
- Supervisory experience dealing with the control and management of personnel in a maintenance environment including contract labour desirable.
- A ‘Hands-on’ individual, with a positive ‘can-do’ approach to your work you will lead and motivate your team whilst ensuring Engineering standards are achieved and maintained.
- Excellent IT Skills are required.
- Technical expertise to extract and manipulate data and identify trends.
- Strong people and communication skills – written, verbal, presentation
- Ensuring all electrical engineering activities within area of responsibility are in full compliance with all statutory regulations and site HS&E standards, policies and procedures.
- Full UK driving licence.
Anew South West is acting as an employment agency regarding the Electrical PLC Engineer
#PLC #Engineering #Electrical #controlsystems #projects #design #scheduling #installation #commissioning #Northerndevon #northdevon #Devon #newjob
To apply please uploa your CV – Thank you