CNC Turner / CNC Machinist
Permanent roles available in Mid Devon to join a busy precision engineering company.
- CNC Machinist – DAY SHIFT 39 hours per week working Monday to Thursday 7am – 4pm and Friday 7am – 12pm.
- CNC Turners – NIGHT SHIFT 39-hours per week working Monday to Wednesday 4pm – 2am and Thursday 4pm – 1am
- Setting and operating machines for manufacture of customer orders / Setting and operating vertical and horizontal turning centres along with other large format ring grinding / turning machines.
- Loading and running programs through prove out according to the tools list and works instructions.
- Producing a valid first-off component and having it verified.
- Loading and operating machines to meet desired quantities.
- Conducting in-process inspection, checking against drawings and specifications to ensure they are made accurately and to the highest standards.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Min. 2-years’ experience setting and operating CNC machines OR min. 2-years’ experience milling and turning on CNC centres.
- Fully conversant in Fanuc programming controls &/or Hurco, Siemens and Heidenhain.
- Experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Proficient in a range of measuring equipment and inspection techniques.
Qualifications / Skills Preferred:
- Mechanical Engineering Manufacture Apprenticeship or equivalent NVQ3 / C&G qualification
- A willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Good team worker and ‘Can-Do’ attitude
- High level of IT literacy
- Experience using CMM, pre-set meters and gauges
- Competitive salary
- Good benefits package
- Free on-site parking
- Generous holiday allocation.
Job Ref: AN6595
anew South West is acting as an employment agency
Please upload your CV to apply